Secure your future with a CAFCU IRA account.
Your retirement future is in your hands – and we have tools to empower you to get where you want to be. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) are designed to help maximize your savings for retirement.
Benefits of opening an IRA:
- Potential tax savings*
- Affordable. Only $1,000 minimum investment
- No minimum for 6 month term
- Flexibility. Wide selection of terms from 6 to 36 months
- Tiered rate structure – save more, earn more
- Direct Deposit or Payroll Allocation
- Access to funds if needed (penalties may apply)
- Withdraw funds without penalty as early as age 59½
- Safety. Federally insured up to $250,000 by NCUA
Open your new IRA today!
Visit Accounts > IRA Service Center to get started.
Note: You must be a current CAFCU member to open an account online.
|$1,000 minimum||APY**||Dividend Rate|
|$10,000 minimum||APY**||Dividend Rate|
|Youth Share Certificate***||APY**||Dividend Rate|
Traditional or Roth?
When it comes to your IRAs, you have a choice. Both Traditional and Roth IRAs offer potential tax benefits,* but at different times. Ask your tax advisor to find out which IRA is best for you.
The federal government sets the maximum amount investors may contribute to their IRAs each year (see table). This amount can be divided among both Traditional and Roth IRAs.
|Maximum Allowable Contributions|
|Contribution Year||Under 50 years||Over 50 years|
IRA Service Center
Log into Online Account Access to:
- Get the forms you need to open an IRA
- Access forms to manage your existing IRA
- Use IRA planning tools and calculators
- Review featured articles and retirement FAQs
- Check out life stage tutorials
- Calculator: Roth IRA
- Calculator: Traditional IRA
- Calculator: Roth IRA Vs. Traditional IRA
- Toolkit: Retirement Preparation
- Four simple retirement strategies that work for anyone
- Dream It and Achieve It: How to Set and Attain Financial Goals
Provided in partnership with BALANCE.
For more information or questions connect with us:
*Consult with your tax advisor. ** APY = Annual Percentage Yield.