Our Promise to Protecting Our Members
CAFCU is committed to protecting your privacy at all times. We do not share your information with non-affiliated third parties for purposes of selling their products and services to you. We are committed to bringing you the services you need to succeed financially. If we do not offer a financial service, such as certain insurance products, a joint marketing agreement is established which includes strict privacy protections. Your information is protected by detailed security controls surrounding our technology and personnel.
We Protect Your Personal Information
We restrict access to personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain
physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your personal information. We will continue to test and update our technology to improve the protection of our information about you.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We use state-of-the art encryption technology to ensure your data is secured during transmission.
Collected Information from CAFCU Mobile Apps
We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
Protecting Children's Privacy Online
From our website, we do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send us personal information, we will
only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent, or provide parental notice. We are not responsible for the data collection and use practices of non-affiliated third parties to which our website might link.
For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), click here.
Safeguarding Your Privacy
All CAFCU members have a responsibility to safeguard their financial information.
- Protect your account numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Monitor your account frequently. Immediately report any unusual activity to CAFCU.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, do not divulge that information. Official
credit union staff will have access to your information and will not have to ask for it.
- Keep your information current. It is important that CAFCU has current information on how to reach you.
- If your address or phone number changes, write to or visit your local CAFCU branch. You can also change that information through Online Account Access.
- CAFCU detects potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. For questions concerning identity theft, scams and fraud, contact us at 1-800-359-1939.
To opt out from receiving promotional materials from CAFCU, please send us a secure email. (Please note that opting out online requires you to log into Online Account Access.)
To opt out follow the steps below:
- Log into Online Account Access.
- Go to eServices > Messages
- Click on the “Compose New Message” link.
- In the “Category” drop down menu, choose “General Inquiry.”
- In the subject line, type: Opt Out.
- Enter your name and mailing address in the body of the email message.
- Click the "Send" button.
Please note that it may take up to 90 days to be removed from the list as we work with a number of vendors to remove your information.
If you would like to have your name removed from all pre-approved credit solicitations, call 1-888-567-8688.
National Do-Not-Call Registry
You can reduce the number of unwanted phone calls to your home by calling 1-888-382-1222 or registering your phone number at www.donotcall.gov.